   JAXB Schema problems with complexTypes

Howdy all,

	I work with a company that is trying to use JAX-B generated code in a
number of projects.  The most recent one involves a rather complex set
of Schemas.  In these Schemas there are complexTypes defined using
extension from other complexTypes.  Some of these complexTypes are
based off of other complexTypes using restriction.  XmlSpy validates
everything, as does a recent SAX parser.  However xjc spits out errors
when I try to use JAX-B to generate code from the Schemas, and no code
is generated.  The errors look like this:

[ERROR]  Base complex type is derived by restriction, while this
complex type is derived by extension

	This problem occurs 5 or so times throughout the Schema.  We have a
little bit of control over the Schema we are using ( though another
company is mainly responsible for it ).  However we have no control
over the base Schemas that this Schema uses in its namespace.
	I tried running with '-extension' and adding in the
complexTypeSubstitution attributes, but still no luck.  Does anyone
have any experience with this problem or any advice to offer?

Jim Beard
counterclaim.com, Inc
http://www.counterclaim.com
http://openefm.sourceforge.net