   Re: [xml-dev] JSR 206 and SAX

Norman Walsh wrote:

> In fact, I have had remarkable difficulty eliciting any response from
> the readers of the sax-devel list or David Megginson or David
> Brownell, the only individuals with committer status on the SAX
> project.

It looks like Dave Brownell is no longer actively maintaining SAX.  I did
exchange initial e-mails with Norm, but have not followed up further, partly
because of pressing committments and partly because I'm not sure if I still
have my old SourceForge password.  I can take over as a caretaker maintainer
for SAX again for a while, but I'm afraid that my response times might not
be brilliantly fast right now because I have a lot going on.

I sympathize with the fact that the JSR 206 deadline is pressing, but let's
shift the focus to SAX itself, since many of us (including me) have never
looked at Sun's Java XML APIs.  Perhaps Norm could post a short list of
changes that he believes are necessary for SAX2 to support XML 1.1 and
Namespaces 1.1 properly.  We can discuss them for a few days, and then
consider some code and documentation changes for SAX itself.

All the best,

David