len

From: Stuart A Yeates
[mailto:stuart.yeates@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk]

I have written a natural language modelling tool which marks up (inserts
XML tags into) natural language documents already in XML.

I have come across an issue with this tool: some users and documents
classes of constructs) are equivalent, whereas my tool sees these are
completely distinct.

 From looking at at the standards, is appears that HTML, XHTML and XML
are all silent on the semantics of situations such as this.

Are there any systems or toolkits which have already been written to
help systematise documents and corpora into a single, consistent
representation?

cheers
stuart

--