   Re: [xml-dev] [A bit more] Re: [xml-dev] writing good xml

/ "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com> was heard to say:
| I also meant to recommend an additional approach:
|
| You might want to consider using XML schema list types - for example:
|
| <xsd:simpleType name="listOfSetFlags">
|   <xsd:list itemType="xsd:integer"/>
| </xsd:simpleType>
|
| Where the list of flags that are set would be represented in an XML
| document as follows:
|
| <listOfSetFlags>1 4 8 12</listOfSetFlags>

Assuming that the bits mean things like "serif" and "smallcaps",
as the original example seemed to hint, I think I'd be inclined to
make it a list of keywords:

<listOfSetFlags>serif italic smallcaps</listOfSetFlags>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Nothing is worth more than this day.--