   RE: [xml-dev] Coding Makes You Dumb

Here is yet another...

http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/Charles_Simonyi_creates_
software_intentionally.html

The interesting part here is that this system generates something that
programmers use to build a code generator which produces the end executable
code. [sort of analogous to a compiler generator I guess.. but for some
other problem domain]

My problem with all these is that I have difficulty understanding how the
"powerpoint-like" application can collect enough information from the
subject matter experts to be able to unambiguously state "requirements"[i.e.
the systems analyst task] and come up with an appropriate software
architecture [i.e. the software design task].

Perhaps for well controlled domains that are well understood ... but in
general?? The holy grail hasn't been found yet I fear.

Cheers...Hugh

W. Hugh Chatfield  I.S.P.
CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
XML Consulting & Training
http://www.urbanmarket.com/csi2000

Check out the Smart Capital initiatives at:
http://ato.smartcapital.ca/xml
http://ato.smartcapital.ca/perth

Learn about Historic Perth Ontario: http://www.all-about-perth.com

See my art exhibit on Mars at http://hugh-chatfield.com