   A Rich Internet For Everyone - Let's Create A Free XUL Spec

Hello,

  If anyone has followed the ongoing struggle for
building a new XML markup language that lets you build
rich UIs (=XUL, XML UI Language), I invite you to
share your comments or advice on how to create an open
royality-free XUL spec and on how to help avoid the
balkanization of the rich internet into dozens of
mini-vendor empires (Avalon, Flash, Mozilla, Lotus
Notes, and so on).

  Is there any organization interested today in
helping to promote a free XUL standard?

  Do we need to setup up new organizations?

  How can we break the vendor lock-in game? Is the
open source community the only hope for building a
next-generation browser?

  Any thoughts? Any comments?

  - Gerald