   RE: [xml-dev] Re: [Sax-devel] SAX - endDocument() confusion again

# > Taking this argument to extremes, is it acceptable for a parser not
# > to call startDocument? Just to call fatalError? I have caught parsers
# > doing this, especially when the error is very early in the document;
# > e.g. in the byte order mark or the XML declaration.
#
# I would say that at this point the document has started

So what constitutes a document "starting"? What happens if no resource with
the given System ID can be found? What happens if a resource can be found,
but it is zero-length? What happens if there is a timeout while trying to
fetch the resource?

Michael Kay