   Using pre-arranged arrays to render charts

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Using pre-arranged arrays to render charts
  • From: "Stephen E. Beller" <sbeller@nhds.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:30:56 -0500

I have an unusual request and hope someone can help.

I know how to (a) pre-arrange large data sets into particular arrays needed
for rendering graphs, (b) store these arrays in a delimited text file (e.g.,
CSV) for rapid transport, (c) quickly open the file client-side in a
spreadsheet and (d) immediately render lots of offline-interactive
(slice/dice-able) charts without intermediate data transformation. This is a
very fast, simple, efficient process.

I'm trying to do a similar thing within an XML file for client-side browser
rendering, but don't want the overhead of tags and XSLT parsing if possible.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Steve