   Re: [xml-dev] CSS Scoping in XML Namespaces

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Rats.  More rough surfaces where languages collide,
> therefore, more ecological pressure to accept the
> domination of a single object framework.

Most of the rough surfaces were dealt with years ago. SVG has integrated
CSS cleanly, and uses its own graphic model. There is some overlap and
advantage is continually taken of it.

I very much doubt that a "single object framework" the size of the
Longhorn stuff will be without roughness.

> Now that I've had a day to study the CSS2 visual
> rendering model, I have to go back to the sparse
> VML docs and see how much of it applies.  Thanks
> for the heads up.

I have no idea how much CSS VML used. Is VML even still shipped with IE
6? MS killed it off long before they even started talking about their
new stuff. I don't know what your constraints are, but Adobe's SVG
Viewer can be used from IE as a binary behaviour, meaning you can use
SVG directly in HTML. As always with binary behaviours, the hooking up
is terribly ugly, but it's doable. You'll get something that can do much
more than VML-in-HTML but using roughly the same approach.

--
Robin Berjon