   Re: [xml-dev] Enumerated Lists

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 12:39, Max Chappell wrote:
>

>>Hoorah! It is fixed. I've based the original enumeration upon xs:string
>>and it works in Xerces. XMLSpy doesn't appear to be complaining any more
>>either..
>>

>That's weird. In this context this change shouldn't make any difference
>and I really don't understand how the message :
>
>[Error] MISPrepress122.jdf:73:226: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value
>'SheetName Side Separation PartVersion' is not facet-valid with respect
>to enumeration '[PartVersion, Separation, SheetName, Side]'. It must be
>a value from the enumeration.
>
>can come out of your first version.
>
>Are you sure you had exactly the same error message with both versions?
>
>Eric

I agree that it's weird. We have hit problems certainly with XML Spy
before, whereby we create lists based upon NMTOKEN, but have not noticed
it with Xerces before.
The error message was the same for both cases. However, I have since
reverted back to be able to emphatically answer your question and I'm no
longer getting this message (and some others). I guess I must have
muddied up my test cases...apologies..

Max