   Re: [xml-dev] SAX/Java Proposed Changes

At 9:30 PM +0100 3/8/04, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>
>>  Then your code will break when used with some of today's parsers
>>which do call endDocument() after a fatal error.. :-(

I'm not sure what this program is supposed to demonstrate. One of the
conclusions I think we're reaching is that if a client supplied
method such as startDocument() throws an exception, then endDocument
(and fatalError()) are not called.  endDocument() and fatalError()
are for the use of the parser only. If the client chooses to
prematurely abort processing by tossing an exception, then the client
has the responsibility to clean up before doing so. The client can't
do that so easily when the parser is choosing to end parsing. But
maybe you were trying to say something else and I'm jusat not seeing
it?
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu