   Re: [xml-dev] hurry GenX...

On Mar 18, 2004, at 9:26 AM, Mike Fitzgerald wrote:

> Hope Tim finishes up his latest changes to GenX by Friday. He's going
> to get real busy after that. %^}

I've been at Sun since Monday.  I was hacking on Genx last night.
Since you brought it up, here's the state of play.

David Tolpin & I did some work on running the whole Canonical XML test
suite through it, which would be a damn good test IMHO.  Unfortunately
Genx couldn't handle it, because I'd taken a puritan view of namespaces
(only one prefix-ns binding allowed, no defaults) but the c14n test
suite is full of things like

<a xmlns:foo="http://a.b";>
<b xmlns:bar="http://a.b";>
</b>
</a>

Upon consideration, I decided that the testing and confidence level
we'll get from passing the C14n suite is of sufficient value that
making Genx a little more complex is is worth the effort.  I'm about
halfway there, I'll post an interim snapshot today that has all the
methods implemented but without the full namespace declaration nesting
as above.

I decided that Elliotte was right and nuked the addAllAttributes() call
and the addQName() call, there's a genxGetNamespacePrefix() and if you
wanna put QNames in content, build 'em yourself.

BTW, the copyright going forward will say

Copyright (c) Tim Bray and Sun Microsystems

but the license won't change -Tim

smime.p7s