Lists Home |
Date Index |
Pardon me for cross posting, folks. This is a one time incursion
for those on this list that have interest in real time
3D in XML. The GSG folks worked hard to get this site up.
It comes at a time when the W3DC is reorganizing to focus
on vertical applications of X3D and X3D-related technologies.
This new page is a tremendous improvement and the new
focus of the consortium, in my opinion, will be a push
forward for 3D on the web.
And in XML. Whoda believed that six years ago....
From: Elizabeth Riegel [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 4:37 PM
Subject: [bod] The new Web3D Consortium web site is now live
I'm happy to say that the new Web3D Consortium web site is now live at
A big thanks to the Consortium Members and the web3d.org community
volunteers who contributed and helped us to deliver a site that is dynamic
and usable for developers and members... and also attractive and interesting
as a vehicle for outbound marketing. We will gradually bring on-line
additional content and services for our users, and in particular, new
services for our members.
Any new site has bugs. We have had several volunteers test it for browser
compatibility and navigability. Their feedback was good, and hopefully we
have removed most of the glitches.
Here is how we could best use your feedback: (feedback to
1) Test the site on different modern web browsers and OS combinations
- If you discover a display problem, please let us know.
- Be sure to include the browser version and OS platform you are using.
- Describe the problem you find, and if you can, take a screen grab that
illustrates the problem and send it along.
- We will try to adjust things to accommodate the dominant browsers.
- Known bugs: the now discontinued IE 5 on the Mac, and Opera 6
2) Examine the way the existing site is organized
- We have tried to make as much of the content as readily visible as
possible. But undoubtedly there will be things that you need that we have
- Are there things missing that stop your development work dead in its
tracks? Tell us and we will try to add this content in quickly. (Things like
historical VRML documents or old press releases have lower priority).
- The entire site structure is different, so if you come across a website
that links to a particular page on web3d.org, please email that website so
they can update their web page and then email us, so we can follow up.
3) Tell us what is missing & tell us what you think
- Are there you any additional features or content that you would like to
see added to the site? Please list in order of priority.
- Please feel free to give us feedback on any of the work we've done here,
we would greatly appreciate it.
Things to note:
- The VRML email list addresses many different things; from VRML to X3D to
philosophy. To allow participants to better focus, we have added an X3D
development list and an H-Anim development list. These lists are intended
to stay focused strictly on these respective technologies, and as long as
they stay on topic, they will remain public and un-moderated.
- If you are doing X3D development work and you have done something you
think is interesting or released a new version of an application, please
submit it as a news story.
- If you have an X3D application that is not listed in our applications
database, please submit it.
Please send feedback directly to email@example.com.
Regards, Elizabeth Riegel
Gold Standard Group
Support Open Standards!
Register for Web3D 2004 Symposium
April 5-8, Monterey California USA