Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Amelia A Lewis" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"Jeff Rafter" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] RSS beyond the Blog: 1992 or 1999? - was Re: [xml-dev] hurry GenX...
- From: "Jeffrey Winter" <JeffreyWinter@crd.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:13:23 -0500
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcQNNFowcrBvX2RAQJOjo3tM4EzEKgAh2QEQ
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] RSS beyond the Blog: 1992 or 1999? - was Re: [xml-dev] hurry GenX...
>> Now the server only has to send an event whenever state changes on
>> server. The extra overhead goes away.
One thing to keep in mind however is that it often takes much
*more* overhead on the server to determine a state change
that to report a simple status upon request.
Issuing events can make the server much more complicated. While
there may be more bandwidth the cost/benefit is not entirely
black and white from a implementation perspective.