   Re: [xml-dev] forcing SchemaLocation ?

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 07:58, PHDB _ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to manage several versions of my XML Schema, and store the different
> version in different folders.
> However I don't want that a user can be able to change the SchemaLocation he
> is allowed to use. Thus I want to be able able to force (according to the
> user) the SchemaLocation before parsing and validating.
>
> Is there a simple way to that ?

Use a schema validator which provides you the option
of specifying the schema at run time and telling it to
ignore the schemaLocation hints in the instance.

Make it part of your evaluation of the schema validator:
i.e. don't use a validator that doesn't give you this
control.

In theory this could be as difficult as persuading vendors
that you know what you need better than they do (sometimes
a very hard point to persuade them on); in practice,
there ARE schema validators that give you this control.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen