From: Ian Graham [mailto:ian.graham@utoronto.ca]
Sent: 20 March 2004 23:06
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] [off-topic] Web services best practice information?

Any ideas on what list / site might have such nuggets?

I'm looking for ideas on how to place optional (e.g. triggered by a
service request flag) debug information in WS messages (e.g. should it
go in SOAP header or footer, what's good WSDL design for this, what's a
good XML pattern for the <debug> content, etc.). We want this to be
permanently part of our WS infrastructure (so we can turn it on when
things go blork).

More generally, I can't seem to find good web service best practice
information, or even good lists on that topic. Anyone else had better
success (I hope so!)

Best / Ian
--
Ian Graham
H: 416.769.2422 / W: 416.513.5656 / E: <ian.graham@utoronto.ca>

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the recipient only.
If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail
to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium.
The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Admenta UK Group.