   Parsing Attibute Values containing "." in a Schema

Hi, Can anyone help me?

I am trying to parse an XML schema in Java using an XMLReader. All is well
apart from:

When I parse:
"<xsd:attributeGroup name="attr.identifierref">"

And use attribute.getValue"name", I get "identifierref".

When I parse the element:
" <xsd:attributeGroup name="attr.identifierref.req">"

I also get "identifierref". The ".req" is lost.

 I want to get the full value, i.e. "attr.identifierref.req" or
attr."identifierref" , or even just "identifierref" and "identifierref.req"
. Is there a feature or property that is set incorrectly, or is this not
possible? The reason I want to do this is when parsing the XML I want to
link an attribute back to the schema, but an attribute "identifierref" will
refer two two attributes rather than just the correct one.

Many thanks in adavance,

Marcus Robinson