   Distributed RDDL: A proposal

I have absolutely no qualifications for making a proposal to
this list of experts other than that I've spent a long time as
the solo hacker thinking about XML:  I currently am unemployed,
have never worked in an XML-related job, and recently moved home
to live with my parents.  :-/  So it is with the utmost of
respect for those much more qualified than I to evaluate the
validitiy of an idea that I humbly propose the following:

Let's talk about how to design a system of distributed RDDL,
aimed at enabling pluggable support for XML.  Let's borrow
concepts from RDDL, Cocoon sitemaps and DNS to make this system
distributed and open.  And let's do it before a closed or
proprietary solution takes off.

Distributed RDDL has been discussed previously [1] but more with
the focus on schemas and DTDs.  Let's talk about how to do it
for use by applications, especially for generating pluggable
user ineterfaces for modules like RSS supports.

Sincerely,
Eric

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200101/msg00626.html