   Re: [xml-dev] Current status of XLink

"Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com> writes:

> In my view the mess is because XLink simply doesn't fit into the layering of
> the XML architecture. The whole point of XML is that you can choose any
> names you like for your objects and attributes, and give them any semantics
> that you like (typically captured in schemas and stylesheets).

What I miss most in CSS is a property that would turn an element into
a link. Something that would make it possible to replicate a/href only
on arbitrary elements/attributes, or even on character content.

<as-in>more information at <link>http://example.com</link></as-in>

Ari.

--
Elections only count as free and trials as fair if you can lose money
betting on the outcome.