   Re: [xml-dev] How to use SAX to validate XML against a schema?

Jose Airton wrote:
> I have specified the messages format using
> XML schema and would like to use SAX to validate
> my data against said schema. All the examples
> I have found on the web seem to validate against
> DTDs and not schemas.
>
> Could anybody please give me any help?

SAX is just an interface wrapped around a parser. If you use a parser
that can validate against an XML Schema, like Xerces J, you can also use
SAX to start the parser and receive the validated input.

For details on how to make this work, see the individual parser
documentation.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/