   Re: [xml-dev] DTD parser in c#

> > Just out of curiosity, if we one day Microsoft decided to ship a SAX
> > implementation in the .NET Framework wouldn't this clash with the
namespace
> > names you have chosen? Perhaps we need some namespace naming guidelines
> > for .NET libraries.
>
> So, are you going to ship a SAX implementation?
> System.Xml.Sax would be the most logical namespace, and I was using
> it as I was pretty sure MS had abandoned SAX.
>
> So, if third parties supply basic/system type libraries,
> what namespaces should they use - if MS claims sole ownership
> to the System namespace?

I always thought it was suggested to use a less-generic name in front of the
generic name, something like System.Xml.Karl.Sax or something.

Personally, I would have chosen something more along the lines of
System.Xml.OpenSax...

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the EDI-to-XML Translator
http://www.xmllinguist.com