   RE: [xml-dev] DTD parser in c#

> To be honest, if another
> company came along and tried to start a new C#/.NET project for SAX I
> would be surprised at their willingness to fragment the community and
> re-inven the proverbial wheel. Hopefully, the community would ignore it--
> and if not, having the System.Xml would lend a certain precedence for
> the API.

Pretty limited view.  I wrote a SAX parser about 2 months ago using the
namespace XmlAdvice.Xml.Sax, and it is going to appear soon within an
article that I wrote and as part of a download.  And as for precedence, Dan
Wahlin put one in his book (one of the most popular regarding XML and .NET)
about 2 1/2 years ago, using the namespace XmlParsers.Sax.  IIRC, there was
a download on another web site that showed how simple it was to write a SAX
parser given that the majority of the work was already afforded via the
System.Xml.XmlTextReader, that one was available during the first beta of
.NET.

I agree with Dare that only proper members of the FCL should include the
System namespace.  Look at the numerous other samples out on the web that
avoided using "System" for the root of the namespace name that are not
affiliated with a company.