   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Question: named or anonymous types in element d

  • To: <bob@wyman.us>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Question: named or anonymous types in element definition?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:24:50 -0800

According to http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-1-20040318/#cvc-elt

"<element>s within <schema> produce global element declarations;
<element>s within <group> or <complexType> produce either particles
which contain global element declarations (if there's a ref attribute)
or local declarations (otherwise). For complete declarations, top-level
or local, the type attribute is used when the declaration can use a
built-in or pre-declared type definition. Otherwise an anonymous
<simpleType> or <complexType> is provided inline."

The last sentence is the relevant one. The schema fragment below is
invalid.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
It works better if you plug it in.