   Re: [xml-dev] The XCP Consortium seems to be taking XML to the next leve

On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:41 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:

> Here is an interesting site that just rolled out today,
> http://www.x-cp.org.  The press release says that XCP will revitalize
> the telecom industry employing XML technology to "Light the Fiber".

Why is "use XML to light the fiber" an April Fools joke (I hope!) but
"invent the Global Grid to create a use case for Web Services", or
"create an operating system that consumes so many resources that you
need a 2006-model 4GHz / 1GB computer to run it" taken seriously?