   Converting data to XML

Hi

Hey anyone out there that could point me out in the
correct direction? Need your help with the following
situation:

I have an application that can receive data in an XML
file and provided with this application is a schema
that governs the XML structure. Now I need to transfer
the data stored in my database to the above
application. Hence I need extract the data from the
database convert it to an XML file that can be
accepted by the above application.

Thank you kindly

Rick