From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) [mailto:clbullar@ingr.com]
Sent: 07 April 2004 14:10
To: 'Paul Sumner Downey'; 'Jim Rankin'; 'rjm@zenucom.com'
Cc: 'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Competing Specifications - A Good or Bad Thing?

I don't think so.   If this is a composable set of specifications,
it is a matter of the programmer not paving their own roads to
hell by putting together components that don't work.   So the
WSIO profiles bear watching.

How coarse a loosely coupled chunk work?  In other words,
what combinations are failure prone?  Those will be questions
to ask.   We can make complex things work if they are composed
of simpler things that work.  Otherwise ALL of our cars would be
"unsafe at any speed".

len

From: Paul Sumner Downey [mailto:Paul.Downey@whatfettle.com]

a couple of years ago i sat down to read a 130+ page
"design overview" which had the gall to quote "Occam's Razor"
as its design ethos.

It's a case of WS-Paving-The-Road-to-hell ...