   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL and user interface

Eric Hanson wrote:

> Jonathan Borden (jonathan@openhealth.org) wrote:
>>> Yeah ok, centralized probably isn't the right word here, and I
>>> didn't mean to imply that the language itself is centralized.
>>> Just I think there needs to be a way for third parties to
>>> associate resources with a namespace in such a way that they can
>>> be found using just the namespace.
>>
>> OK, what are the rules by which this process is carried out. Who gets
>> to arbitrate when there are competing visions of what is associated
>> with what. Decide this, and you can pick which system to use.
>
> I was thinking like you describe below, priority goes to
> resources coming from the namespace in question, but allow for
> local override.
>
> Heh, ok, well, I'm almost done with the implementation using
> neither RDF or RDDL.  I used just vanilla XML, but with a note
> that the project at this stage is experimental, and using RDDL
> or RDF in the future might be a good option.  Using an RDF store
> sounds pretty interesting.

Since you are already implementing this, you have already worked out
the rules by which who gets to say what about the namespace. RDDL would
just be a replacement for your "plain vanilla XML" and wherever you
have an XML document you could replace that with a RDDL document. RDDL
is just a simple extension of XHTML -- that is you create documentation
of the namespace readable by humans using HTML and readable by your
program using the RDDL extension vocabulary.

Jonathan