   Re: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available

On Apr 11, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> I continue to disagree strongly on both points.

I have no stake in ASN.1, but I'm not so sure about the point that "you
can't have it both ways."  It is common sense that you can't optimize
both speed and space simultaneously.  I can imagine formats that are
both faster and smaller than XML 1.0 but still faithfully represent
some flavor of the Infoset, however.  Can you say anything about what
you think one might look like?