   RE: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available

Elliot Rusty Harold wrote:
> DOM and SAX at least can handle documents that do
> not have infosets, and I think XPath/XSLT can too
	What does it mean to say that an XML document "does not have
an infoset"? I'm a bit puzzled by the words here. I thought that any
XML document could be described via an Infoset. What am I missing? (My
apologies if this is a silly question or if I've missed something very
fundamental in the XML specs...)
	If such documents exist, then how frequently do they occur?
How much of a loss would there be if a "binary alternative" to XML was
defined as only being able to handle XML documents that could be
described by an Infoset?

		bob wyman