   Re: [xml-dev] The "what is XML" permathread revisited -- was Re:[xml-dev

> 	Can we stop arguing about whether a binary alternative to XML
> is, can, or should be called "XML"? The case has been made over and
> over again that if it ain't pointy brackets and all the other stuff in
> the XML specifications, then it ain't XML!

I think that when even a W3C Activity Lead uses the "wrong" term, as
recently as a couple of weeks ago, that it is premature to call for an
end to discussion about the terminology.

Sure, in many cases here it is preaching to the choir, but it's not a
universal meme yet.
	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect