Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Call for Participation - XML for Binary Interchange, Addressing Machine-to-Machine Interoperability & Tactical and Mobile Computing
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:28:19 -0400
Title: Call for Participation - XML for Binary Interchange, Addressing Machine-to-Machine Interoperability & Tactical and Mobile Computing
See the below call for participation for the XML for Binary Interchange conference (http://www.mitre.org/xml4bin/). Abstracts should be submitted by 7 June 2004. Submission procedures are provided at the site.
Apologies in advance, but I don't have the time to engage in a protracted xml-dev discussion. Suffice to say that we believe there to be a real issues that must be addressed and would welcome constructive participation.
- Dan Winkowski
MITRE, 930 Gateway Blvd, Suite 200, Hampton VA 23666
Call for Participation
21 - 22 September 2004
XML for Binary Interchange
Machine-to-Machine Interoperability & Tactical and Mobile Computing
The AFC2ISR Center, AF CIO, and MITRE Corporation invite you and your staff to participate in a Conference on the use of XML in environments where binary information exchange protocols are typically employed. The conference is sponsored in collaboration with the AF/XI and ESC/NI3. Invitees include the U. S. Unified Commands, Military Services and Defense Agencies, international organizations and industry.
The Conference objective is to investigate the use of XML technology to facilitate realization of the DoD Global Information Grid (GIG) as it applies to information exchanges conducted in tactical and bandwidth constrained environments. This conference explores developments in technologies which will permit the DoD to combine the advantages of XML with the efficiency of binary-format information exchange.
The conference will be held at the MITRE Corporation, Langley Site facility, in Hampton, Virginia on 21 - 22 September 2004.
The meeting will focus on the use of XML technology in the following subject areas:
* Employment of XML in real-time, mobile, and limited bandwidth IPv6 networks,
* Concepts of operations and associated enterprise services necessary to support the tactical environment,
* Capabilities needed to achieve seamless integration of fixed and mobile networks,
* Fast web services,
* XML compression and/or efficient encoding strategies,
* XML/binary gateways,
* XML configurable messaging interfaces and gateways,
* Pervasive machine to machine communication,
XML Messaging Standards
* Configuration management,
* Convergence of standards independent of networking constraints
For each of these areas the questions to be answered are:
* Consequences for existing Information Exchange Requirements (IERs)
* Technology Investment
* Migration Path (options)
We invite you to participate and to share your thoughts with others as well as to learn from the experience of others. Please submit presentation abstracts by 7 June 2004. The final conference agenda will be published by
15 August 2004.
Additional conference information including the agenda, registration and directions to the conference will be available at The MITRE Corporation conference website http://www.mitre.org/xml4bin/
To accommodate a broad range of participants, the conference will be conducted at the Unclassified security level. The first day will be a public industry day open to all participants. Day two will be restricted to DoD, DoD contractors, and approved representatives of NATO, Australia, and New Zealand.
Please note that the cost of transportation and quarters will be borne by the participants. A nominal conference fee will be charged.
The MITRE Corporation Points of Contact are Mr. Dan Winkowski, Mr. Ed Masek and Dr. Bob Miller, The MITRE Corporation, 930 Gateway Blvd, Suite 200, Hampton VA 23666. Telephones: 757 825-9230.