   RE: [xml-dev] Fast text output from SAX?

Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> writes:

<snip/>

> But well-formedness can't be assumed. That's the core of XML.

Oh come on, if I have a XML DOM and ship it between two classes do you
expect me to check for well-formedness?  How about if I serialize that
DOM and ship it across RMI?  I may need to check the validity of the
data structure, but "well formedness" is purely an artifact of the
(character version of the) XML syntax... Now what exactly is the
difference between sending a serialized XML DOM across RMI and shipping
some other "binary" XML format?