   RE: [xml-dev] XUL Compact Syntax Study Now Online - Is XML too hard for

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XUL Compact Syntax Study Now Online - Is XML too hard for Aunt Trudie?
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:49:59 -0500

There are no mere mortals on this list.  We do XML.  Ever since we made
the SGML Declaration walk the plank, we removed the possibility of
alternative syntaxes in our universe.

Try the XSLT list.  I'm told there are mortals there, or at least, it has
been noticed that lots of them are dropping from the
exhaustion of typing it into ASCII editors and keeping the XML
syntax and the XPath syntax straight (oops! forgot the square
brackets).

We must be getting close to the season where we
throw out all of our old toys and get new ones that look
a lot like the ones we had ten seasons ago.

Crossing the chasms we dig for ourselves, hmmm.... yes.

len