   RE: [xml-dev] Fast text output from SAX?

Nokalva-P
>osition-Paper-updated.pdf
>[2] Sosnoski's XML Test Documents page:
>http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmlbench/documents.html
>

>Thanks for the pointer, I don't think I'd gone through their paper
>before. It'll be interesting to see how close their ASN.1 Infoset
>approach can get to XBIS performance (at least in terms of the ratio to
>text parse/generate speed; since XBIS is only Java at present and theirs
>appears to be only C++ a direct comparison is difficult).

Please keep in mind the following points:

1) That test was based on an early draft of the Fast Infoset standard
(called X.695 at that time).  The Fast Infoset draft has changed a lot since
then.

2) The primary objective of that test program was to measure size.  The
speed results obtained are hard to evaluate, although they are always better
than Xerces/C 2.2 parsing XML.  I believe that the code could be optimized
to achieve a higher speed, especially with the new draft of the Fast Infoset
standard.

Alessandro Triglia
OSS Nokalva