   Re: [xml-dev] Validation vs performance - was Re: [xml-dev] Fast text o

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>And again, is a binary characterization WG a mandate to overhaul
>other parts of the system 'while we're at it'.  Scope.  Mission
>creep.  All the usual paranoias.

In my opinion, no, except for new obvious semantic or representational
tweaks or additions that follow directly.  Here I am thinking of things
like: an element-level convention that means: "represent this binary
value as b64 outside of esXML", pointers that can point to specific
'characters' anywhere (this helps support expression of an arbitrary
data structure in an XML tree), and some way to represent deltas in text
(possibly just two complete versions of an XML document).
These can remain experimental for a while or otherwise be tolerated
extra-standard if needed, but seem pretty clear to me.

>len

sdw

--
swilliams@hpti.com http://www.hpti.com Per: sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st