   RE: [xml-dev] DTD parameter entities

  • To: "Ion Vasilian" <ionv@microsoft.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] DTD parameter entities
  • From: Toni Uusitalo <toni.uusitalo@pan.nu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:52:41 +0200
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

At 01:32 22.4.2004, you wrote:
>When you're running MSXML4 make sure you're using the SAX parser or
>enable the NewParser flag on the DOM.

I tried that. MSXML4 didn't report the syntax error with NewParser set to
True (on the DOM).
the dtd was (same as in my first post):

<!ENTITY % ATTLIST "<!ATTLIST ">
<!ENTITY % CLOSE ">">
<!ENTITY % ELEMNAME "doc">
<!ENTITY % ATTNAME "att">
%ATTLIST; %ELEMNAME;%ATTNAME; CDATA #FIXED "value"%CLOSE;

It seems like MSXML4 handled this correctly (? see my first post) when
invoked with default settings (via IE6) - NewParser property turns some DTD
well-formedness checkings/processing off I assume, it doesn't expand
default attribute with this setting either. I'm not sure what's the
correct/acceptable behaviour anymore...
So, if %ATTLIST; and %CLOSE; pe references should
raise syntax error, MSXML invoked thru IE6 browser seems to handle this
correctly,
<!ATTLIST %ELEMNAME;%ATTNAME; CDATA #FIXED "value">
is accepted and default attribute value is expanded correctly via IE6 too.

hmmm.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo