   Re: [xml-dev] DTD parameter entities

>True, but I think it violates this one:
>
><quote>
>Well-formedness constraint: PE Between Declarations
>The replacement text of a parameter entity reference in a DeclSep
>MUST match the production extSubsetDecl.
></quote>

Hmm, I had thought that only applied to the internal subset, to ensure
that minimal parsers could skip PE references, but DeclSep is also used
in the production extSubsetDecl, so you are right.

If I recall correctly, the relevant text was changed just before
publication of the second edition.  It seems to make the validity
constraint obsolete.

-- Richard