   XML compaction software of a new version

Dear Sirs:

This is an announcement of XML compaction software using
CSV (Comma Separated Values) format of a new version.

I posted a mail about an introduction of this software here
in February last year.
The software is used to improve data-processing performance
of XML documents by reducing the size fo XML instances. It
makes arbitrary instances in a record packed in CSV forms.
The improvement of memory consumption, DOM persing time, and
DOM traverse time is almost propotional to the reduction of
XML instances. Especially it is useful when sizes of documents
are large, such as tens of megabytes or more.
Its compacted documents are still XML documents which consist
of character codes. The compaction convesion is performed by
using XSLT, and is reversible.

Now the software, "CSV compaction for XML", of a new version
was completed and its distribution has begun.
I am happy to announce that.
http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/freesoft/csvc4xml/

The funtions of the software are largely enhanced.
It can handle XML documents of not only fixed format in which
number of elemets/attributes and element-names/attribute-names
in a record are fixed but also unfixed formats. Moreover, it
can treat nested records and records in several complicated
formats.

At the end of this March, I had a presentation of the software
entitled "CSV compaction to improve data-processing performance
for large XML documents" at the poster session of IEEE Data
Compression Conference 2004. The materials of the presentation
can be viewed from the following site.
http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/freesoft/csvc4xml/dcc04-csvc4xml.pdf
The material decribes the aim, target and application image of
this method.

I would appreciate it very much if you could try this new
software and let me have your comments.

Best Regards,

Shigeru Yoshida
Fujitsu Labs.  http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/