   Re: [xml-dev] xsl file problem

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

At 2004-04-29 12:41 +0000, nick tsirakis wrote:
>well i have a problem with something,
>i have an xml file and i have created an xsl file to parse my data for my
>php page.
>the xsl code is here:
>i want in this code to have a sorting of "nodename" but i tried to put the
>
><xsl:sort select="nodename"/>
>
>inside this code nut it does not work......

You don't say where you've put the instruction .. have you tried to put it
in your <xsl:apply-templates/> as in:

<xsl:template match="categorylist">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="category">
       <xsl:sort select="nodename"/>
    </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

Remember that the <xsl:sort/> instruction can only be used to modify the
two instructions that create current node lists: <xsl:apply-templates> and
<xsl:for-each>.

I hope this helps.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Hong Kong May 17-21; Bremen Germany May 24-28; Helsinki June 14-18

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc