   RE: [xml-dev] Handling very large instance docs

Thanks to everyone who responded. STX certainly looks like it will
do what I need in the first instance, but the database approach also
appeals for the ease of ad hoc querying - thanks to Michael and Andrey.

Splitting the file into lots of smaller ones, as suggested by Nicolas,
might get problematic as the components I'm interested in are about 1k
in size, and with a 250Mb file that means 250,000 files, which in itself
would be hard to manage effectively.
--

Andy Greener                         Mob: +44 7836 331933
GID Ltd, Reading, UK                 Tel: +44 118 956 1248