   RE: [xml-dev] ISO and the Standards Golden Hammer (was Re: [xml-d ev] Yo

Paul Sumner Downey wrote:
> A meeting in Palo Alto is 'international' to many on
> this list. I suggest a standards body should consider
> holding all its meetings in Mumbai since that's where
> most of the development work seems to be headed or
> Antarctica since that's equally inconvenient to all.
	People... We've been doing remote conferencing over the
network since the mid-80's. Given this and the massive increase in
bandwidth and tools, why in the world are these face-to-face standards
meetings still considered so important? (Yes, I realize there is some
value to F2F...) *Most* of the standards meetings should be held
online and thus be location independent-- not in person. The farthest
anyone should have to travel to get to an international standards
meeting is the distance to the nearest high-speed network port...
Let's use the tools we've spent all these many years creating...

		bob wyman