   Re: [xml-dev] RDF storage

Michael Champion wrote:

> On May 17, 2004, at 12:49 PM, John Song wrote:
>

> >   It seems that the most appealing thing to store RDF in NXD is that i
> > can utilize the index and other optimizing techniques  to  query
> > it,but i am no very sure about that.Could anybody give me some
> > advice?thanks.
> >

> My understanding is that the standardized XML serialization of RDF is
> not terribly interesting to query using XPath or XQuery because a) the
> numerous different ways one can serialize the same RDF model, and b)
> most of the interesting aspects of a query on RDF have to do with the
> inferences one can get from traversing the RDF graph, not from the
> nodes in isolation.

Adding to Mike's information in (a) above: The recently charted W3C RDF
Data Access Working Group ("DAWG"[1]) is tackling this very problem by
defining a standard query language for RDF-formatted data.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/dawg-charter