Lists Home |
Date Index |
Job Title: XML Analyst
Location: preferably Bethesda, MD, but the following also acceptable:
San Francisco, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
Responsibilities: This position exists to support LexisNexis' move to XML
for editorial and product delivery by developing and maintaining LexisNexis
XML DTDs/schemas and stylesheets.
1. Support the development and maintenance of XML DTDs/schemas and related
XSLT and Schematron
2. Support customers in defining requirements
3. Deliver presentations as required
4. Participate in or run data modeling workshops to develop XML DTDs &
5. Develop editorial tools and products that utilize XML
6. Write documentation and training materials specific to our DTDs and DTD
7. Research/participate in industry standard initiatives
8. Other duties as assigned
- 2 years+ experience with XML DTDs/schemas, familiarity with related
- Knowledge of one or more core programming languages (particularly Perl or
Omnimark), XSLT and XML tools
such as Epic or XMetaL are desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to customers and explain
data/editorial issues to technical developers.
- Ability to travel
The preferred years of experience for this position is 2 years.
The following major/degree is preferred for the position: Computer Science
The preferred level of education for this position is Bachelor's Level
Full-time position only, no consultants please.