   RE: [xml-dev] Designing XML to Support Information Evolution

One of the funnier pieces airing last year on the weekly CBC (Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation) comedy show, "This Hours Has 22 Minutes", was a
ongoing sketch titled "Talking to Americans". In each segment, a so-called
"reporter" would travel to various American venues, talking to people and
getting their feedback on various bogus news items on Canadian current
affairs.

The results were typically hilarious and were intended to point a satirical
finger at American ignorance of all things Canadian, their northerly
neighbour. Segments featured interviews in which people were told that the
Canadian National Igloo was melting and asked for advice on what to do,
asked whether they supported the U.S. bombing of Saskatchewan, how they felt
about Canada finally adopting the 24-hour day, and an honest-to-goodness
on-the-air interview with the then newly elected George W. Bush in which
Bush was asked whether he was looking forward to working with the Canadian
Prime Minister, Jean Poutine? Bush diplomatically replied he felt it would
be an honour. (Canada's Prime Minister at the time was Jean Chretien;
poutine is a French-Canadian dish of french fries with gravy and melted
cheese that tops out at well over 6,000 calories per serving.)

It was fun, but after a while it started feeling like the pickings were just
too easy, and the show began to lose some of its appeal.

Howard