   RE: [xml-dev] Logical models, hierarchy, network model

Hi Peter

> Haven't explored Xlink: using Cocoon and aggregation (and some of the
> newer Cocoon features for flow manipulation of multiple XML pipelines) I
> suspect we've negated much of the need for it.  Then again all our XML
> manipulation is purely local, do you think we'd see more value in Xlink
> if we where aggregating non-local XML?

Precisely. Also another advantage is to be able to type the links. For
example I can link or create an association between to frames/objects/row.
That association can even be typed like for instance having the association
"brotherOf" or "allied" or "commercialPartner". Typing association is what
UML is doing but the association types are limited. More power to modeling
domains can be obtained by being able to create custom types as we can
already do with class based programming languages.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin