   RE: [xml-dev] The triples datamodel -- was Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web pe

  • To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>,"Michael Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] The triples datamodel -- was Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web permathread, iteration n+1
  • From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:58:04 -0700
  • Cc: "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

To be clear, I'm talking about modeling data as (s, p, o).  You could
argue that this data model has been around for a long time (as it's
essentially prolog), or that this is easily done using relational or XML
data models.  I wouldn't argue.  But the fact that you are conceptually
dealing with (s, p, o) is absolutely critical to systems like WinFS and
Chandler.