   Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web permathread, iteration n+1 (was Re: [xml-dev]

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 10:17 AM -0400 6/5/04, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>

>> Mary
>>    hasEyes
>>       color:blue
>>       shape:round
>

> Wouldn't you really say:
>
> Mary
>    has
>      Eyes
>       color:blue
>       shape:round
>
> "hasEyes" seems stretched to me. It mixes a predicate and an object that
> naturally seem distinct.

Yes, you probably would, and I am just working up a longer post on
representing that in quasi-striped rdf/xml format.  It should be along
shortly.  I think that the point here, though, is that most (ordinary)
xml leaves off the extra layer, whether it is the noun or the verb.

Cheers,

Tom P

Explorer's Guide the the Semantic Web (Manning Books)
http://www.manning.com/catalog/view.php?book=passin