   RE: [xml-dev] What's wrong w/ nested elements?

> Elliotte,
>
> Thanks for your response. I can understand that this limitation (i.e.
> can't nest a complex element under more than one parent) is probably in
> the Microsoft tool. My example is right in front of us (thus there is no
> broader issue in my application context):
>
> <a>
>     <a1>
>         <b>
>             <c>
>             </c>
>         </b>
>     </a1>
>     <a2>
>         <b>
>             <c>
>             </c>
>         </b>
>     </a2>
> </a>
>
> The tool is okay w/ element (c) being contained under more than one
> parent. And even (b) can be present more than once under either (a1) or
> (a2) but not under both (a1) and (a2)simultaneously.

XML Spy had no trouble with you example.  Here is the schema it generated using one set of options -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--W3C Schema generated by XMLSPY v2004 rel. 3 U (http://www.xmlspy.com)-->
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; elementFormDefault="qualified">
	<xs:element name="a">