   Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathre

Joshua Allen scripsit:

> In addition, the arguments are crap because people already store and
> manage terabytes of metadata, and are doing just fine.  Information
> about location-based services, document management libraries, PIMs, etc.

My present employer has more than 150 years of reputation to lose if
it's caught lying about anything.  My former employer was very good about
its numerical data -- it had to be -- but estimated that about 80% of
the records of non-numerical ("indicative") data contained at least one
error.

--
One art / There is                      John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
No less / No more                       http://www.reutershealth.com