   RE: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic webmega-permathrea

Hi Joshua,

> Well, I think we will see proof very soon that storing your metadata as
> triples will be very useful, and this will probably impact significantly
> more people in the short term than TAP.  I'm not arguing that TAP is not
> interesting, but I think you are overly limiting yourself by restricting
> the discussion to KR, "frames", "AI" or whatever.
>
> At the basic level, the first step is about an open and interoperable
> metadata format.  That alone should be interesting and will prove to be
> very useful, IMO.

I agree about an inter-operable format as long as I have enough source to
make it useful. Will longhorn publish its meta-data in RDF format? If yes,
then you start to get something useful here. How would defined a hierarchy
of folders then as:

<rdf:description about="myfolder">
   <my subfolder rdf:resource="what kind of pointer will you use? XPpointer,
Xpath?">
</rdf:description>

Cheers
Didier PH Martin